Mouse over element names to get quick help on its effects in the alloy.
For comparison with other alloys open steel composition graph builder & analyzer.
Select steels from the Interactive Knife Steel Composition Chart.
Generated 11891554 times.
154CM(Crucible) - Developed by Crucible, circa 1970 for jet engine turbine components, which is nowhere near the knives, unless you make some sort of connection between turbine blade and knife blade. Famous knife maker Bob Loveless started using it in knives. Then Crucible stopped producing it, but Hitachi started making ATS-34, which was a copy of 154CM. Then Crucible started making it again, finally making CPM version of it CPM154. Other steel makers produce ti as well under different names, which you can see in reference section. In 1990 Benchmade and other knife companies started using it as their top of the line stainless steel. 154CM was considered #1 stainless steel for cutlery for more than a decade after that. Still one of the premium steels. Used in all kinds of knives, from small folders to hunting and filet knives. At max hardness makes a very decent high performance cutter. Works quite well in larger, heavy duty use knives too. Versatile steel, with good all around performance. Obviously, PM versions offer even better characteristics and performance kn knives.
- Crucible 154CM and equivalent steel knives reviews
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 730 Ares knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 16707BT Blackwater knife review
- ATS-34 steel - Benchmade 880 Dark Star knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 12800 NRA Gaucho knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 770s Osborne knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 773 Osborne knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 940 Osborne knife review
- 154CM steel - Benchmade 707 Sequel knife review
- ATS-34 steel - Emerson E3-A Commander knife review
- 154CM steel - Microtech SOCOM Elite knife review
- CPM154 steel - Phil Wilson Chefs Knife knife review
- CPM154 steel - Phil Wilson Fillet Punta Chivato knife review
- ATS-34 steel - REKAT Sifu knife review
- ATS-34 steel - Strider MH knife review
- ATS-34 steel - United Cutlery UC2503 Special Ops utility knife review
Knife Steel Chart Mobile Support:Help & support for the Knife Steel Chart for Android.
Help & support for the Knife Steel Chart for iOS.
Thanks, Credits And References