- Satsuma Bocho ( さつま包丁)
- - A regional variation of the bunka bocho (home kitchen knife) from the southern Satsuma region on Kyushu island. It has a slightly thicker blade for handling meats and vegetables, and a slightly smaller blade height than a santoku.
- Typically a Double Grind knife.
- Common Blade Length - 165-180mm(6.5-7.09")
- Blade Length Range - 150-195mm(5.91-7.68")
- Average Blade Thicnkess - 4.25-1.5mm(0.17-0.06")
Audio voiceovers courtesy of Sara and Jon - japaneseknifeimports.com