- Kurimuki ( 栗むき包丁, rarely 栗剥)
- - In Japanese it means chestnut skin peeling knife. The blade geometry shown on this photo is called Kengata Kurimuki. Another variation is Kamagata Kurimuki. Despite of its name, it works well for peeling, carving and cuting all the fancy shapes from fruits and small vegetables.
- Typically a Single Grind knife.
- Common Blade Length - 60-90mm(2.36-3.54")
- Blade Length Range - 60-90mm(2.36-3.54")
Audio voiceovers courtesy of Sara and Jon - japaneseknifeimports.com