Mouse over element names to get quick help on its effects in the alloy.
For comparison with other alloys open steel composition graph builder & analyzer.
Select steels from the Interactive Knife Steel Composition Chart.
Generated 14199904 times.
W2 a is just as bad(read, broad) in terms of specification precision as AISI W1 steel. Carbon varies from 0.85%-1.50%. Huge variation for an alloy. Trace amount of Chromium serves primarily as a carbide former, may be adds something to alloy strength as well, but nothing in terms of stain resistance, too little of it(Cr). W2 maxes out 64-65HRC when enough Carbon is present, and works quite well at that hardness levels as a light use knife. Pretty good with polished, thin edge at 64HRC. I've seen various types of knives in all sizes, starting from small folders and ending with rather large kitchen and utility knives. Overall, it's a decent steel, non-stainless, won't win any awards in abrasive wear resistance department, but will do variety of jobs.
Manufacturing Technology - Ingot
Country - United States(US)
- Proprietary Equivalents
- Allegheny Ludlum - Carb-Van
- Allegheny Ludlum - Python
- Allegheny Technologies - Lion Vanadium
- Atlas Steel - Sp. Alloy-10
- Atlas Steel - Atlas Spec.Alloy
- Bethlehem - Superior
- Bethlehem - Best
- Bohler-Uddeholm - K760
- Bohler-Uddeholm - UHB-19VA
- Carpenter - Nitro
- Crucible - Granada Vanadium
- Crucible - Alva Extra
- Daido - GS5V
- Daido - GS1
- Daido - GS3V
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke - KSS
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke - Cryodur2833
- Disston-Sons - Best Va Tool
- Dorrenberg - JanusV
- Firth-Sterling - Sterling-V
- Firth-Sterling - Silvan Star
- Grimm Edelstahl - GKS
- Hagener Gussstahlwerke - Extra-Edel10S
- International Steel - Lukens W2
- Kind & Co - KTS
- Klockner Stahl - V1
- Latrobe - Renown
- Latrobe - Carbon-Vanadium
- Metal Ravne - OC100ES
- Metal Ravne - OC100EX
- New Jersey Steel Baron - Aldos W2
- New Jersey Steel Baron - Aldo W2
- Ossenberg - KP
- Platestahl - KM20V
- Poldi - Ezh Special
- Schmidt+Clemens - MSV
- Simonds - Diamond SV
- Simonds - Red Label V
- Teledyne Technologies - Colonial No. 7
- Thyssen Edelstahl - Thyrodur2833
- Thyssen-Krupp - Thyrodur2833
- Trinec - TZ100
- Universal Cyclops - Special Draco
- Universal Cyclops - Standard Draco
- Villares Metals - VETD
- Weld Mold - Weld Mold 925
- Zapp - VK4Extra
- Ziv Steel - Zivco Vanadium
* - Listed as an equivalent or replacement for alloys in this group.
Knife Steel Chart Mobile Support:Help & support for the Knife Steel Chart for Android.
Help & support for the Knife Steel Chart for iOS.
Thanks, Credits And References